Adult Programs: Ski For Fitness & Masters'Arrowhead Nordic Ski Club
Check your email for time and location. Plan to stay for cookies and cider after your ski. We also welcome pot luck contributions! Environment Canada is predicting a clear but not-too-cold night. Perfect for howling at the moon!
Masters Program 2018/19
Program Coordinators: Steve Jones, Erin Creasor
Interested in a Masters Ski program for adults? Open to adults who love to ski, the program offers more advanced instruction in both classic and skate ski technique, dryland training and race support at a couple of local loppets.
Fall Program Dates: September 22 – December 1 (10 weeks excluding Thanksgiving weekend)
Times: Thursdays 6:30 at Spruce Glen Public School, and Saturdays at Conroy Park
Cost of the Fall Program: $125 for 1 session per week; $215 for 2 sessions per week.
Program fees include the $30 club membership fee.
Included in the fall program:
*The option of one or two training sessions per week, with the flexibility of choosing the day that works for you if once-a-week training is chosen.
* Thursday dryland training at Spruce Glen Public School, 6:30 – 8:00 p.m.
* Saturday morning training in a variety of locations, including Conroy Park, every Saturday morning between 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
* Instruction in both classic and skate ski technique
* Qualified and committed coaches: Steve Jones, Carl Tusz and Erin Creasor
Winter Progam Dates: January 5, to March 9 2019
Times: Dryland Training: Thursdays 6:30 – 8:00 pm; On-snow Training: Saturdays 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
Cost of the Winter Program:
$150 for 1 session per week;
$240 for 2 sessions per week. Cost includes support at 2 races
.Program fees include the $30 club membership fee.
No Sessions on Family Day Weekend
- a nine-week session of fitness training related to nordic skiing and on-snow coaching: (Family Weekend excluded)
- option of one or two training sessions per week, with the flexibility of choosing the date that works for you, if once-a-week training is chosen
- dryland training on Thursdays at Spruce Glen Public School, 6:30 – 8:00 p.m.
- on-snow training at Arrowhead Park every Saturday morning between 10 a.m. -12 p.m.
- instruction in both classic and skate ski technique
- race support for several local loppets, including coach support and waxing tips
- qualified and committed coaches: Steve Jones and Erin Creasor. Please register at Zone 4 before the first practice on January 6th.
For more information, email Steve Jones
Adult Ski for Fitness
Program Coordinator: Steve Jones
This friendly, non-competitive class is for recreational skiers or aspiring racers who want to improve skills and fitness at their own pace and level. Choose instruction in Classic, Skate, or both. You’ll also meet other skiers and have fun! Great review of technique from basics to more advanced.
Choose from Saturday afternoon classes (1 – 3 pm) or Tuesday afternoon classes (1 – 3 pm). Classes run for 4 sessions and all classes are 2 hours long.
Saturday Ski for Fitness! Classic: Four classes January 5, 12, 19, 26, 2019
Saturday Ski for Fitness! Skate: Four classes February 2, 9, 23, Mar 2 2019 (no lesson on Family Day weekend)
Saturday Ski for Total Fitness! Classic and Skate: Eight 2-hour classes on dates above
For the Tuesday lessons, we change the order and do the skate lessons first.
Tuesday Ski for Fitness! Skate: Four classes January 8, 15, 22, 29, 2019
Tuesday Ski for Fitness! Classic: Four classes February 5, 12, 19, 26 2019
Tuesday Ski for Total Fitness! Classic and Skate: Eight 2-hour classes on dates above
You can sign up for the skate lessons, the classic lessons or both.
Fee is $100 for each group of 4 sessions.
Ski for Total Fitness! (all 8 lessons) is $170.
If you want to take both Saturday and Tuesday sessions in January, we can arrange that.
Fee includes club membership*
These fees include membership in Arrowhead Nordic Ski Club. Club membership is required for insurance purposes and entitles you to enjoy our social events and weekly night skis, as well as receive discounts in some local businesses! If you are already a club member, fees will be reduced at $19.