Programs for AdultsArrowhead Nordic Ski Club
Adult Ski for Fitness – Program Coordinator: Steve Jones
This friendly, non-competitive class is for recreational skiers or aspiring racers who want to improve skills and fitness at their own pace and level. Choose instruction in Classic, Skate, or both. You’ll also meet other skiers and have fun! Great review of technique from basics to more advanced.
Choose from Saturday afternoon classes (1 – 3 pm) or Thursday morning classes (11 am – 1 pm). Classes run for 4 sessions and all classes are 2 hours long.
Saturday Classic lessons run for 4 weeks beginning on January 6, 2018.
Saturday Skate lessons run for 4 weeks beginning on February 3rd, but skip Feb 19 (Family Day weekend)
Thursday Skate lessons run for 4 weeks beginning on January 11, 2018.
Thursday Classic lessons run for 4 weeks beginning on February 8th, 2018
You can sign up for the skate lessons, the classic lessons or both.
Fee is $100 for each group of 4 sessions, or sign up for all 8 Saturday or Thursday sessions for $170. Fee includes club membership.
Masters Winter Program 2017/18 – Program Coordinator: Steve Jones, Carl Tusz
Interested in a Masters Ski program for adults? Open to adults who love to ski, the program offers more advanced instruction in both classic and skate ski technique, dryland training and race support at a couple of local loppets.
What’s Included: a nine-week session of fitness training related to nordic skiing and on-snow coaching January 6-March 10, 2018 (Family Weekend Excluded)
- option of one or two training session per week, with the flexibility of choosing the date that works for you, if once-a-week training is chosen;
- dryland training on Thursdays at Spruce Glen Public School, 6:30-8:00 p.pm.;
- on-snow training at Arrowhead Provincial Park every Saturday morning between 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.;
- Instruction in both classic and skate technique;
- race support at several local loppets, including coach support and waxing tips;
- Qualified and committed coaches: Steve Jones, Glen Dawson and Carl Tusz
$150.00 for once-a-week training (includes $30 club membership)
$240.00 for twice-a-week training (includes $30 club membership)
Please register before the first practice on January 6th. REGISTER link is at the top of this page.