Adult Programs: Ski For Fitness & Masters'Arrowhead Nordic Ski Club
The snow is here! Check out these photos. We're on skis!!
Masters Program 2018/19
Program Coordinators: Steve Jones, Carl Tusz, Erin Creasor
Interested in a Masters Ski program for adults? Open to adults who love to ski, the program offers more advanced instruction in both classic and skate ski technique, dryland training and race support at a couple of local loppets.
Fall Program Dates: September 22 – December 1 (10 weeks excluding Thanksgiving weekend)
Times: Thursdays 6:30 at Spruce Glen Public School, and Saturdays at Conroy Park
Cost of the Fall Program: $125 for 1 session per week; $215 for 2 sessions per week.
Program fees include the $30 club membership fee.
Included in the fall program:
*The option of one or two training sessions per week, with the flexibility of choosing the day that works for you if once-a-week training is chosen.
* Thursday dryland training at Spruce Glen Public School, 6:30 – 8:00 p.m.
* Saturday morning training in a variety of locations, including Conroy Park, every Saturday morning between 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
* Instruction in both classic and skate ski technique
* Qualified and committed coaches: Steve Jones, Carl Tusz and Erin Creasor
Winter Progam Dates: January 5, to March 9 2019
Times: Dryland Training: Thursdays 6:30 – 8:00 pm; On-snow Training: Saturdays 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
Cost of the Winter Program:
$150 for 1 session per week;
$240 for 2 sessions per week. Cost includes support at 2 races
.Program fees include the $30 club membership fee.
No Sessions on Family Day Weekend
- a nine-week session of fitness training related to nordic skiing and on-snow coaching: (Family Weekend excluded)
- option of one or two training sessions per week, with the flexibility of choosing the date that works for you, if once-a-week training is chosen
- dryland training on Thursdays at Spruce Glen Public School, 6:30 – 8:00 p.m.
- on-snow training at Arrowhead Park every Saturday morning between 10 a.m. -12 p.m.
- instruction in both classic and skate ski technique
- race support for several local loppets, including coach support and waxing tips
- qualified and committed coaches: Steve Jones and Erin CreasorPlease register at Zone 4 before the first practice on January 6th.
For more information, email Steve Jones
Adult Ski for Fitness
Program Coordinator: Steve Jones
This friendly, non-competitive class is for recreational skiers or aspiring racers who want to improve skills and fitness at their own pace and level. Choose instruction in Classic, Skate, or both. You’ll also meet other skiers and have fun! Great review of technique from basics to more advanced.
Choose from Saturday afternoon classes (1 – 3 pm) or Tuesday afternoon classes (1 – 3 pm). Classes run for 4 sessions and all classes are 2 hours long.
- Saturday Classic lessons run for 4 weeks beginning on January 5, 2018.
- Saturday Skate lessons run for 4 weeks beginning on February 2nd, but skip Feb 16 (Family Day weekend)
- Tuesday Skate lessons run for 4 weeks beginning on January 8, 2018.
- Tuesday Classic lessons run for 4 weeks beginning on February 5th, 2018
You can sign up for the skate lessons, the classic lessons or both.
Fee is $100 for each group of 4 sessions, or sign up for all 8 Saturday or Tuesday sessions for $150.