Elementary School Races
The March 1st Race is ON!
Registration opens February 8.
Muskoka Elementary School Race
RACE DATE: Tuesday, March 1, 2022
- This is a classic ski race. No skate-skiing permitted.
- Transportation – Transportation to and from the race is the responsibility of individual families.
- Supervision – Parents will be responsible for supervising their children at Arrowhead.
- Registration is the responsibility of parents and is online. Registration opens Feb. 8th and closes Feb. 23rd.
- Cost – Race fees are $12 per person. This includes the Zone4 registration fee. Fees are not refundable.
- Food – There is NO pizza or hot chocolate due to COVID restrictions. Students must bring all their food, water and hot drinks.
- Washrooms – Washrooms are available in the Visitor Centre.
- Rentals – Pre-arrange ski rentals from Arrowhead Park Friday, Feb 25. Visit the rental shop or call the park at 789-5105 to arrange for any needed rentals.
- Bibs – Each child will be assigned a numbered bib for the race. There will be a charge of $50 per lost bib
- Start Time – Arrive at the park by 10:30 am to pick up your bib. Race Starts 11 am. Racers leave individually every 15 seconds. Racers will receive their start time when they pick up their bib.
- Visitor Centre: The Visitor’s Centre has a capacity for only 25 people, so everyone must be prepared to be outside the whole time.
- Vaccination Policy: Students 12 years and up must show proof of vaccination when they pick up their bibs. All volunteers are fully vaccinated.
- Masking Policy: Spectators must wear a mask. Masks must be worn by everyone when indoors.
Qualifications: ability to smile and cheer on racers
No experience necessary – we will train!
Perks include stylish lime green vest, toe warmers, and fun people.
Day before – afternoon set up
Evening clipboard prep
Start and Finish line : line up racers; record bibs and times
Controllers: posted at course junctions to record bib numbers, and cheer on racers Meet at 10 am.
Set up/Clean up: Race day at 8:00 for morning set up AND after race about 1:30 pm
Bib Washers: pick up bibs, wash and sort, return
Contact Volunteer Coordinator Michele Schwemmer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 705 224 4912