EVENTSArrowhead Nordic Ski Club
Muskoka Elementary School Races
Classic Race: Friday February 7, 2020 Click here to see the results.
Freestyle Race: Tuesday March 3, 2020 Click here to see the results
**Parents must register their children, transport them to the race, and supervise them at the race!**
- Registration Opens: Friday February 21
- Registration Closes: Saturday February 29. Click the Elementary Ski Race Registration button on the Arrowhead Nordic Ski Club website.
- Cost of Registration: $12. (includes a $3 Zone4 fee)
- Bib Pickup on Race Day: 9:30 – 10:15 at the Club Chalet (the portable)I Parking Lot 1 (P1).
- Food – We will have large pizza slices for sale for $2 per slice. Hot chocolate will be free. It is always difficult to estimate how much pizza to order. We are happy to sell pizza to parents, but would like to make sure all kids are served first. Bring snacks/lunch.
- Washrooms – Washrooms are available in the Visitor Centre.
- Water – Please have your kids bring a water bottle, or other drink. A water bottle filling station is available in the Visitor Centre.
- Rentals – If you want to rent skis from Arrowhead Park, you should arrange this by Friday, February 28. Please stop in at the Park Office or call the park at 789-5105 to arrange for any needed rentals.
- Bibs – There will be a charge of $50 per lost bib
- Race Starts 11 am, but racers need to arrive at least by 10:00 to pick up their bib, and get warmed up and lined up.
Qualifications: ability to smile and cheer on racers
No experience necessary – we will train!
Perks include stylish green vest, toe warmers, fun people, and cold pizza.
Day before – afternoon set up – need 3
Evening clipboard prep – need 3
Start and Finish line : line up racers; record bibs and times – need 20
Controllers: posted at course junctions to record bib numbers, and cheer on racers Meet at 10 am. Finished 1:15. Need 16
Food: give out pizza Need 5
Parking: Direct cars to parking areas and make sure we fit everyone in. 9 am to about 11:00 am. Need 4
Set up/Clean up:
Race day at 8:00 for morning set up – need 3
Race day after race about 1:30 pm – need 2-3
Bib Washers: pick up bibs, wash and sort, return– need 4
Contact Volunteer Coordinator Michele Schwemmer at email@example.com or 705 224 4912