EVENTSArrowhead Nordic Ski Club
First Elementary Race is Cancelled
Due to COVID restrictions, we have decided to cancel the first elementary race. We are hoping to hold the second race, but we cannot confirm that at this time. The date has yet to be determined.
Stay tuned …
Muskoka Elementary School Races
First Race: CANCELLED
Second Race: TBD
- Due to the COVID situation, we are not yet certain whether registration will be through the school or done individually. We will keep you posted …
- Food – We will have large pizza slices for sale for $2 per slice. Hot chocolate will be free. It is always difficult to estimate how much pizza to order. We are happy to sell pizza to parents, but would like to make sure all kids are served first. Bring snacks/lunch.
- Washrooms – Washrooms are available in the Visitor Centre.
- Water – Please have your kids bring a water bottle, or other drink. A water bottle filling station is available in the Visitor Centre.
- Rentals – If you want to rent skis from Arrowhead Park, you should arrange this by the Friday, preceeding each race. Please stop in at the Park Office or call the park at 789-5105 to arrange for any needed rentals.
- Bibs – Each child will be assigned a numbered bib for the race. There will be a charge of $50 per lost bib
- Race Starts 11 am. Racers leave in pairs every 20 seconds
Qualifications: ability to smile and cheer on racers
No experience necessary – we will train!
Perks include stylish green vest, toe warmers, fun people, and cold pizza.
Day before – afternoon set up – need 3
Evening clipboard prep – need 3
Start and Finish line : line up racers; record bibs and times – need 20
Controllers: posted at course junctions to record bib numbers, and cheer on racers Meet at 10 am. Finished 1:15. Need 16
Food: give out pizza Need 5
Parking: Direct cars to parking areas and make sure we fit everyone in. 9 am to about 11:00 am. Need 4
Set up/Clean up:
Race day at 8:00 for morning set up – need 3
Race day after race about 1:30 pm – need 2-3
Bib Washers: pick up bibs, wash and sort, return– need 4
Contact Volunteer Coordinator Michele Schwemmer at email@example.com or 705 224 4912