Our staff have performed some crazy grooming skills as per usual and the ice
skating trail and ski trails will be open today. Roe and the stadium are
done and ready for skiers and the PB is heading to Lumby to bring it back to
life. Conditions will be icy in spots but otherwise a machine groomed
surface will await the skiers!
Hello Jackrabbit Families!
I am sorry to say that the weather has again conspired to make our 2nd week of Nordic Skiing a bust. Our Saturday program will be canceled and our Sunday program is at this point uncertain. We will watch the weather forecast and advise you all as far as Sunday’s judgement call later tomorrow. As of right now, it is clearly going to be too cold, and the snow conditions too poor, to offer you any sort of outdoor programming.
We are going to do our best to find extra class time for you. I am initiating a conversation with your coaches to see if we can offer a make-up class on one of the Sundays coming up, as well as determine who is available to offer extra time on Family Day Weekend. Finding those extra hours, extra coaches, and continue to maintain a safe teaching environment will take us some planning, but be assured that we will keep you informed.
The annual Loppet is fast approaching. You can register right from our site, just follow the link at the top of the home page.
Check out this great article by Huntsville Doppler!
Our instructors are ready to go! Bunny/Jackrabbits, Track Attack/Lynx, ARC/Masters and Ski for Fitness are all ready to go on January 6. Check out the calendar for times. http://arrowheadnordic.ca/blog/calendar/
ARC/Masters will be on snow, Friday December 30 starting at 10am and going until 3 pm. We will be meeting at the Mayflower Warmup Hut.